Support Our Elders
Our last gathering brought 120 international delegates from Tibet, India, Peru, Columbia, Bolivia, Guatemala, Africa, Asia, Japan, Germany, Canada, Scotland and North America! Also present, were members of the nations of Lakota, Cherokee, Navajo, Havasupai, Yavapai/Apache and many more.
Bringing an elder from their village can involve thousands of dollars. We estimate approximately $5,000 per elder. Many come from remote, hard to reach locations which will require messengers, translators, and different modes of transportation leaving family and community behind that relies on them for leadership, spiritual counsel, healing and peace keeping.
These funds not only support their travel and basic needs, but their communities during the time they are away. Some will continue to stay beyond the time of the event to continue their work in the United States.
Our goal for each elder we sponsor is to cover costs of:
- Basic costs of their flights and other transportation, food and lodging while in Sedona, and other incidentals.
- Other tribe members traveling together.
- Support for village and community.
- Extra time to stay in Sedona and share cultural events, ceremony and more with the people here.
- Extra help to go back to the village or tribe, to support growth in the community.