The International Center of Spiritual and Ancestral Wisdom (ICSAW) is an organization that is dedicated to preserving ancients’ wisdoms and traditions of indigenous cultures throughout the world. ICSAW works on behalf of indigenous communities of North, Central, and South America and stands as the central organization by which all of its international projects are supported under. In bringing awareness and support to these projects, we empower our indigenous and non-Indigenous brothers and sisters to empower and sustain their communities.
HISTORY OF THE ORGANIZATION
The International Council of Elders and Spiritual Guides is based on the idea that not one of our peoples should face a threat from a government or multi-national corporation alone, that by showing a united front we can make real changes in the way we are treated in all aspects of our lives.
The International Council of Elders and Spiritual Guides was launched on April 27, 2009 around a sacred fire that had burned continuously and respectfully for 16 days in Page Springs Arizona, at the Return of the Ancestors Gathering, held April 18th to 28th, 2009.
The Council met without borders and time constraints. Here the sacred fire never goes out; rather it is maintained by all of us with our dialog and messages. The secretariat of the council will share all messages sent to it in two languages, English and Spanish, acting as a traditional talking feather for this council.
Then, on November 11, 2011 (11-11-11) members of the International Council of Elders and Spiritual Guides held a second council around sacred fires on the Island of the Sun and Island of the Moon, . It was decided that The International Center of Spiritual and Ancestral Wisdom (ICSAW) be established as the central organization by which all of projects and teachings are shared. Thus, several international centers will be established so that this can become possible. In doing so it was decided that a main headquarters be established in Sedona Arizona.
ICSAW is dedicated to keeping the ancestral culture of art and crafts, holy ceremonies and the sacred fires alive. We provide a safe and healthy environment as a bridge from the ancient world to the modern world of today. Our prime initiative is to preserve the teachings of Indigenous Elders and to make their wisdom and their ways available to the world.
We provide a platform for teachers & wisdom keepers, like-minded organizations, National & International centers to join in alliance together to preserve their own spiritual and ancestral wisdom. Thus, in horning of our commitment to transmitting our values and cultural patrimony to our youth, inherited form generation to generation since ancient times, because in this is our pride and identity as a people.
The vision of ICSAW is strong and motivated with a desire to build a better future for our children; the future generation. Its goal is to bring awareness of the importance in protecting the ceremonies, the sacred sites and herbal plant medicines from around the world. ICSAW seeks to preserve sacred indigenous sites and communal ways of life. We honor the commitment to take a collective stand for global peace and unity because this is our divine right as a people.
- We value the family as the unit within the Nation which is best able to meet the needs of its members; and we dedicate our knowledge, talents, and caring to the fostering of independence and harmony within individuals, families, and institutions who come to us for education, help, and Spiritual healing.
- We value being an integral part of the International Connection and support community participation and mutual responsibility in the planning and development of programs and projects which support the traditions and customs of all indigenous people.
- We value ethical behavior and model it in our professional and private lives. We respect the spirit, integrity, privacy and uniqueness of the people who ask for our help.
- We value, protect and preserve sacred sites and artifacts as well as way of life of all international indigenous people customs, language, traditions, spiritual and religious beliefs which meets the needs of the people for all Nations under the teaching of their spiritual leaders.
ICSAW is an organization that is dedicated to preserving ancient’s wisdoms and traditions of indigenous cultures throughout the world. ICSAW works on behalf of indigenous communities of North, Central, and South America and stands as the central organization by which all of the following international projects are supported under. In bringing awareness and support to these projects, we empower our indigenous brothers and sisters to empower their communities
Our work includes building bridges for all people to unite and learn from each other. Through events, public talks, ceremonies, and establishing spiritual and ancestral centers throughout the Americas we build a solid foundation for the sharing of indigenous culture, beliefs and most of all knowledge of how we can all learn to live in harmony with our home, our mother, Earth and all living things.
The Council of Indigenous Native American team from the 7 continents (Asia, North America, South America, Africa, Australia, Europe, and Antarctica.) of the world was launched on April 27, 2009 around a sacred fire that had burned continuously and respectfully for 16 days in Page Springs Arizona, which was the ceremonial fires that hosted the Return of the Ancestors Gathering, held from April 18th to the 28th, 2009
We act as Cultural Liaisons, and appointed Cultural Custodians, who are blessed by medicine people to carry out the cultural exchange mission in the form of accompanying spiritual leaders across borders, transport of artifacts, craftwork and sacraments along ancient trade routes, and facilitation of proclamations by and between nations to improve the quality of life.
ICSAW also promotes, develops and sponsors cultural events that provide safe, healthy multicultural environments where healing of spiritual existence, revival of indigenous traditions and celebrations of life are inspired to preserve sacred indigenous communal ways of life.
- Short-term: To acquire a land base large enough conduct ICSAW business and to serve as the headquarters for ICSAW in Sedona Arizona this year 2017. The land will also be used as an International and Multicultural Center for teaching and to have our weekly church and educational meetings. The goal is to be self-sustainable from one location.
- Long-term: To open International Ancestral Healing and Wellness Centers in Mexico, Guatemala, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia.
Main Office In Sedona Arizona
Post Office Box 1502
Cornville AZ 86325